by: Dr. Chandralehka Ananadavally
• Sinusitis refers to the inflammation of the sinus passages
• Sinus passages are present around:
o Nasal bones
• These passages produce mucus which prevents infections
Symptoms to look for:
• Excessive sneezing
• Nasal congestion
• Runny nose
• Pressure around head, eyes and face
• Lack of appetite
• Low-grade fever
• Difficulty in breathing
• Inflamed sinus causes mucus to collect resulting in bacterial growth
Natural home remedy using black cumin seeds:
1. Take a clean cloth
2. Add 1 tsp black cumin seeds
3. Wrap the cloth
4. Place near the nose and inhale
Natural home remedy using cumin seeds and honey:
1. Roast 1 tsp cumin seeds
2. Crush them
3. Add 1 tbsp honey
4. Mix well
5. Consume every day
Natural home remedy using fenugreek seeds:
1. Take 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
2. Add 4 cups of water
3. Boil the mixture till water level reduces to half
4. Strain the liquid
5. Drink 4 cups of this liquid every day
• This provides relief from fever and eliminates toxins
• Consume garlic and onions as a part of diet. Doing steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil, carom seed and basil leaf helps with stuffed sinus. It is a part of nasya.
Acupressure Points to Relieve Sinus Congestion & Pain
by: Tonya Gartshore
First, open up the Lung channel which runs down the arms and chest by inhaling deeply while opening the arms and looking up to the sky. Exhale bringing the arms down. Repeat 3 times.
Hold these six (one on each side) points for one minute each:
"Drilling Bamboo" (BL -2)
Location: In the indentations on either side of where the bridge of the nose meets the ridge of the eyebrows.
Benefits: Relieves eye pain, headaches, hay fever, eye fatigue, and sinus pain.
"Welcoming Perfume" (LI-20)
Location: Just to the side of the nostril.
Benefits: Relieves sinus pain, nasal congestion, facial paralysis, and facial swelling.
"Facial Beauty" (ST-3)
Location: Under the cheekbone, directly below the pupil.
Benefits: Relieves stuffy nose, head congestion, burning eyes, toothaches, and eye fatigue.
*NEW Acupressure Facial
A relaxing and gentle treatment that combines acupuncture point stimulation with massage techniques on the face, neck, shoulders and head areas. Targeting these points directly helps to: rejuvenate the skin, improve the complexion by removing toxins, ease puffy eyes, ease sinus congestion & headaches, improve circulation of blood in the face, stimulates and tones facial muscles for a "natural facelift". The treatment is very relaxing and pleasant to receive.
30 min-$45 60 min-$70 (includes head & shoulder massage)